Friday, April 5, 2019

The Beauty of Getting Remarried

Divorce is a pretty difficult thing to go through. Correction- its a REALLY difficult thing to go through and to experience. Every member of the family, immediate and extended, that goes through, experiences, or even initiates a/the divorce suffers in some way or form. The parent suffer, the children suffer, the brothers, the sisters, the grandparents, everyone! Divorce is a very disheartening and traumatic event. Of all of the people that I know of however, divorce got them out of a very nasty situation that no one should ever go through. I know that this is not the case for everyone, but from what I have seen while growing up around me, is that there is a good reason for divorce. So don't feel discouraged if that has happened to you.

On the flip side however, I have seen the beauty of getting remarried, and what it can do to gather damaged people, and help them to change things for the better. A dear friend of mine's sister had gotten a divorce, and was a single mother of two young children. When ever we would get together and hang out, I would ask him how she was doing, and we would constantly talk about it why it went down, and where the situation was at.

I was talking with him one time, and he told me that she started to see this guy regularly, and that he was treating and taking such good care of her. This guy who his sister was dating had also been previously married and had his own child. My friend talked about how relieved he was that his sister was starting to see someone who made her so happy, and treated her how she deserved to be treated. And whenever we had these conversation and I was hearing about the progress what she was making and how she was getting happier, I too started to feel happier, more relieved, and even more relaxed for her!

That is the strange thing about this whole situation, is the fact that I have never even spoken to her before, yet I was sympathizing with her! I was cheering her on, and was always praying for her and I invested a lot of prayers and thought and wishes for her. As I mentioned before, I didn't know her very well, and I had never even met her. Divorce impacts the individuals involved, and even those around us.

Now, I did mention that she started to date this guy that also was coming back from a previous marriage. Well, long story short, they got married, and they are now raising their three children together. That doesn't mean that life is all sweet and easy, and if anything, because they are a blended family there are more than likely more problems that are arising between past relationships and families.

Unfortunately, I haven't heard from my friend from a while, but I do follow his sister on a social media page, and life seems to be going well for them. If you are divorced, and have started to date again and found yourself in a relationship with another person, and you are worried about what people are going to think about you, don't worry. People aren't going to think badly of you. Strangers might, but they don't matter. Those who are close to you and are around you and care for you are going to be beyond happy and thrilled that you have made the decision to be happy again.

Don't be afraid. You deserve to live a happy life, and you deserve to feel loved by someone who is worthy of holding your heart. Go and be happy with that person that you want to spend forever with, it is within your grasp. Go and enjoy the rest of your life.
















No comments:

Post a Comment